Hello and welcome to my new blogspot. My name is Adrian Edwards and it is my honour to be the 411th Mayor of Newbury. Here I am pictured in my full Mayoral robes with my Mayoress Edwina Cooper. It is my second time as Mayor of this town and it will be my pleasure to record and explain the numerous roles of a modern day Mayor. I hope you will enjoy reading this online diary as much as I am sure that I am going to enjoy carrying out my civic duties. If there is anything you wish to query or indeed if you would like me to attend a function that you are organising, have no hesitation in contacting my Civic Manager Joyce Lewis on 01635 41583. Thank you once again for sparing your time.

Wednesday 5 September 2007

10th Anniversary of the Death of Diana

I attended with my Mayoress and Attendant a service of Evensong at Reading Minster on 5 September to mark the 10th Anniversary of the death of Diana, Princess of Wales. This service was organised by the Lord Lieutenant of Berkshire, Philip Wroughton and the Bishop of Reading, the Rt. Reverend Stephen Cottrell officiated, assisted by the Archdeacon of Berkshire and the Area Dean of Reading.
The service itself was relatively short but moving and at the conclusion of his sermon, Bishop Cottrell intimated that perhaps any further speculations on her life and death should be put aside and to allow her to rest in peace. Amen to that.
The service was well attended by the Chairmen of the Unitary Authorities as well as the Mayors of the towns in Berkshire and I was both honoured and pleased to have represented the Town of Newbury on this important occasion.

No comments: