Hello and welcome to my new blogspot. My name is Adrian Edwards and it is my honour to be the 411th Mayor of Newbury. Here I am pictured in my full Mayoral robes with my Mayoress Edwina Cooper. It is my second time as Mayor of this town and it will be my pleasure to record and explain the numerous roles of a modern day Mayor. I hope you will enjoy reading this online diary as much as I am sure that I am going to enjoy carrying out my civic duties. If there is anything you wish to query or indeed if you would like me to attend a function that you are organising, have no hesitation in contacting my Civic Manager Joyce Lewis on 01635 41583. Thank you once again for sparing your time.

Tuesday 18 September 2007

BUSINESS TRAINING SOLUTIONS NVQ CELEBRATION EVENING

I was pleased to be invited to attend a second presentation event in one day, because it is a great opportunity to see so many people being rewarded for their achievements. This event was organised by Business Training Solutions, one of the top training providers in the country, and their student were mainly school’s Teaching Assistants from local schools in the area who had been studying for NVQ qualifications which would make them fully fledged Teaching Assistants.
As I said in my speech, the students were to be congratulated not just for achieving their NVQ qualification, but most of them had to learn in their spare time as well as working during the day and supporting their own families. All the candidates who started finished the course with no-one dropping out, which indicates how dedicated they were to the coursework and to achieving success.
It was a splendid evening and apart from presenting the certificates, I was able to speak to most of the candidates afterwards. I also congratulated Margo McIver, Director of Business Training Solutions and her assistant Margaret Young for their 100% success with their candidates.

No comments: