Hello and welcome to my new blogspot. My name is Adrian Edwards and it is my honour to be the 411th Mayor of Newbury. Here I am pictured in my full Mayoral robes with my Mayoress Edwina Cooper. It is my second time as Mayor of this town and it will be my pleasure to record and explain the numerous roles of a modern day Mayor. I hope you will enjoy reading this online diary as much as I am sure that I am going to enjoy carrying out my civic duties. If there is anything you wish to query or indeed if you would like me to attend a function that you are organising, have no hesitation in contacting my Civic Manager Joyce Lewis on 01635 41583. Thank you once again for sparing your time.

Tuesday 18 September 2007

WELLBEING IN THE OLDER COMMUNITY, FAIRCLOSE DAY CENTRE

I was invited to the launch of a new project Wellbeing in the Older Community at Fairclose on the afternoon of 18 September.
A 15 minute presentation revealed that a new scheme, organised by Age Concern, Reading and supported by the West Berkshire Partnership, would give help to the more vulnerable older people in West Berkshire in a number of ways in order to help them maintain an independent lifestyle in their own homes. Services would include help with gardening such as grass and hedge cutting, home cleaning and a minibus service to supermarkets. These services would incur a charge.
Those who would be interested should contact the Service Co-ordinator Ray Reeves on 0791 771 8588 or Age Concern Berkshire on 0118 959 4242.
This is a really worthwhile project which should help the elderly keep their independence as long as possible and I would commend it.

No comments: