Hello and welcome to my new blogspot. My name is Adrian Edwards and it is my honour to be the 411th Mayor of Newbury. Here I am pictured in my full Mayoral robes with my Mayoress Edwina Cooper. It is my second time as Mayor of this town and it will be my pleasure to record and explain the numerous roles of a modern day Mayor. I hope you will enjoy reading this online diary as much as I am sure that I am going to enjoy carrying out my civic duties. If there is anything you wish to query or indeed if you would like me to attend a function that you are organising, have no hesitation in contacting my Civic Manager Joyce Lewis on 01635 41583. Thank you once again for sparing your time.

Tuesday 18 September 2007

ANNUAL EMPLOYERS AWARDS CEREMONY

I was invited to the Annual Awards ceremony at Shaw House on 18 September by EBP (Education Business Partnership) West Berkshire Chief Executive, Amanda Richards. This organisation gives young students the opportunity of work experience with local firms. I noted that Richard Benyon MP was among the invited guests, as well as the firms who had assisted EBF in finding work with the firms.
Amongst the employers who received awards were Boki Florists, Imago Ltd and Copyshop, as well as the heavyweights Vodafone and Barclays.
In addition to Amanda Richard thanking all the employers for their valuable efforts, Mr J Slevin who currently works at Park House School, indicated that those who were on work experience had found it very useful and they would be more confident about approaching an employer for work. Stuart Robinson concluded the presentation by also praising the various employers in the Newbury area for their work in allowing students to undergo work experience and related activities. He is currently the EBP Board Chairman.
I was very pleased to have had the opportunity to present the certificates at the ceremony.

No comments: