Hello and welcome to my new blogspot. My name is Adrian Edwards and it is my honour to be the 411th Mayor of Newbury. Here I am pictured in my full Mayoral robes with my Mayoress Edwina Cooper. It is my second time as Mayor of this town and it will be my pleasure to record and explain the numerous roles of a modern day Mayor. I hope you will enjoy reading this online diary as much as I am sure that I am going to enjoy carrying out my civic duties. If there is anything you wish to query or indeed if you would like me to attend a function that you are organising, have no hesitation in contacting my Civic Manager Joyce Lewis on 01635 41583. Thank you once again for sparing your time.

Saturday 15 September 2007

MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS SOCIETY 40TH ANNIVERSARY

Edwina Cooper, the Mayoress and I were invited to attend Multiple Sclerosis’ 40th birthday party at St George’s Hall on Saturday afternoon of 15th September. We were met by the organiser of the party, Mrs Ann Tuersley and were introduced to other members of the Society. The Society covers the areas of Newbury, Thatcham and Hungerford and the hall was full of members and friends, many of whom were sufferers of MS.
There were speeches which praised the way the Society had grown over the years and had raised funds to enable the Society to help its members including the provision of transport.
After the speeches, an enormous decorated cake with 40th inscribed on it was brought out and enjoyed by all. We were able to circulate and speak to many of the members and it was very heartening to find so many caring people who were looking after their relatives and friends. The message came over very clearly that more members were needed so those reading this blog might consider joining this wonderful organisation to help them with an increasing number of people suffering from this dreadful illness.

No comments: