Hello and welcome to my new blogspot. My name is Adrian Edwards and it is my honour to be the 411th Mayor of Newbury. Here I am pictured in my full Mayoral robes with my Mayoress Edwina Cooper. It is my second time as Mayor of this town and it will be my pleasure to record and explain the numerous roles of a modern day Mayor. I hope you will enjoy reading this online diary as much as I am sure that I am going to enjoy carrying out my civic duties. If there is anything you wish to query or indeed if you would like me to attend a function that you are organising, have no hesitation in contacting my Civic Manager Joyce Lewis on 01635 41583. Thank you once again for sparing your time.

Monday 3 September 2007

Breathe Pictures Photographic Exhibition

The Town Hall received a phone call from Breathe Pictures recently asking whether we would take part in a Best of Newbury photographic exhibition. They wanted to photograph Newbury people in their working environment, and this would result in a photographic exhibition in the Corn Exchange next year. And so, Edwina Cooper, the Mayoress, and I, together with Brian Sylvester, the Town Crier; Dave Stubbs, the Town Marshall and Rod Thomason and Barry Digby, the Mace Bearers, all wearing our robes and regalia, assembled outside the Chamber ready for the photographic session.

The two lady photographers were very professional and took may snaps both outside the Town Hall, on the steps, inside the Council Chamber and on the internal staircase. There was a fair amount of light hearted banter which enabled everyone to relax and enjoy the moment. We shall all await the results next year with interest.

No comments: